| Nevaeh making friends at church |
Rebekah and I often have this debate where she tells me to lower my expectations and I tell her I cannot. If I do not have high expectations for the people I am leading, then they will not exceed because no one ever expected them too. I would rather be frustrated than to just sit by and let people stay how they are without trying to help.(not to assume I have or will ever "Arrive" I have so far to go until I see Him on that day and am made complete) But I would have never reached anywhere near where I have without the influence of a few men in my life expecting me to do great things. Phillip Kissinger, Bill Battle, Jon Rissmiller, Chris Mcqueen, Coach V, Coach Beale, Jaco Lourens, and Dan Germo. The influence that these men have had in my life is enormous simply because they had and still do have high expectations for me. So I will keep those high expectations because I know how much it helped me and if it frustrates me oh well that will just be the thorn in my flesh.
| Anglican Church in Mwingi |
I have been thinking a lot lately about this you tube video that was so popular in the last few months. Why I hate religion but love Jesus. It was amazing to see how many people got upset about what this guy was saying.
| Righteous and Nevaeh in Sunday School |
People were and are angry they have done reply videos and everything. Honestly if you do not try to dissect the message and take note that he is referring the the religion(the institution) as the world understands it. He really gets it. I honestly feel like as Christians we are looking for something to fight with each other about because if we do that then we do not have to focus on the world and we are just more comfortable with each other.
So all of this to say I have high expectations for the Church. And I will continue to because God does.
| Me and my Buddy at Church |
One of the things I have learned is that the church is ministry. Let me type it again the Church is ministry. We have the misconstrued idea that the church is where we get filled up to go out and DO ministry but its all wrong. The Church is Ministry. If we can treat it like ministry we can really start to have an impact on the world. The church across the world is The Sleeping Giant and the Father is calling her to awake will we answer?
2 comments:
Preach it brother. I could not agree with you more. The Church is Ministry. We should be ministering to each other at church to enable us to minister to the world. For the past three years I have been struggling with the idea, feeling, conviction that the church is so busy waiting we are not doing. When we get restless we find reasons to argue with our brothers and sisters over the silliest things and when we get tired of arguing we go back to waiting. The Church is the sleeping giant and I am convinced that God is calling us all to stop waiting, to wake up and lead the lives he has called us to.
Jason, I feel all those same things about the church. You are right on. I will pray that your desire for the church will not wane, and that God will bless you with the ability to live resiliently in the tension of this unmet desire. May you continue to have the courage to long for what God longs for.
Renee Stocks
Post a Comment