Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Best Job

My kiddos have amazing imaginations. Most of the day they play well together. Until recently their favorite games is one of them being the mommy and the other two are babies. The other game is playing church. I was very impressed to walk into this one. They set up their little chair to face the "pulpit". They began with the choir singing, which was a bunch of songs they made up- all that had nothing to do with church. After that Righteous is usually the preacher. She has her picture Bible in front of her and gives the message about God. I know this must be so precious to God as He watches them.
Since we have gotten back to our home, I have focused on homeschooling and during the breaks, several times a week, we all go visiting our neighbors. This month of August the Kenyan schools are closed which means all the children are at home. When we g visiting we try to bring a cake that we have made and board games. My Dad is the main contributor of these board games (thanks Dad) which include Chutes and Ladders, Candyland, and Twister. We have also brought the Old Maid card game and our leggos. When we bring these games, the Somali children have never seen them before and are so eager for us to teach them. I have even played these with the older teenage girls. After I play the first round they catch on and can continue without me. I then get the opportunity to visit with the mom of the house. We exchange stories abut raising our children and sometimes discuss the two different religions we believe in. As I drive home from the visit I thank God- this is my job! My job is to love the people around me. What a blessing, what a privilege. I really have the best job ever. Recently Righteous, Nevaeh, and Charis have started to play the game "visiting people". One of them will knock on the door and come in to visit. I hear them asking "What is your name?" This is what they see throughout the week and what they are learning. Besides ABC's and 123's of course.



2 comments:

extraspecialbitter said...

Three beautiful butterflies!

extraspecialbitter said...

I'm glad those board games continue to serve a purpose. They're better-traveled than I am!