| All three girls and I put Henna on our nails. |
"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!" Romans 10:14-15
Once I have arrived at my destination, I then notice my hands taking center stage. At first we will greet one another. For some they reach out and grab my hand to kiss it, and then offer their hand for me to do the same. For others, they grab my hand to pull me in so that we can exchange kisses on the cheek. Depending on who it is, we will give two or three kisses. Then we will go in to the homes to start visiting. The hands will pass out mugs of chai or bottles of soda. If there is food offered, a pitcher of water will come to pour onto my hands to wash them. In divine moments I have gotten to lay my hands on someone who had just had an eye surgery, a woman who has not conceived in over 6 years of trying, and another with migraine headaches daily.
On a separate note, Jason has really gotten our garden in our home flourishing. We have already been able to produce lettuce- which yields the harvest in 35-45 days. Orange trees however take 5-7 years. Right now we are having a problem with birds. They are eating all of our sweet corn. I have thought about making a scarecrow. These differences on how things grow remind me of the Kingdom of God.
"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering his seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seeds fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." Luke 8: 5-8
Oh how my desire is that when my feet take me places to sow seeds that the seeds would fall on good soil. More often though they fall along the path and then get eaten up by words from other people. The job is not finished after the seed is sown because it needs resources to grow. (Sun, water, compost, etc.) There are other times I see that someone has come ahead of me to sow some seeds but there is a lot of thorns growing with it. Thorns of traditional religion which is often charms from witch-doctors or some other home remedy. I am now responsible to start picking out those thorns. That is not easy, because I often get cuts, and stabs in the process. I look back in my life and can remember the seeds others have planted in me. They are not forgotten to this day. With the Lords help I long to do the same for others.
No comments:
Post a Comment