 |
| Righteous' new passport next to her old |
I recently left Jason with the three older girls to go to Nairobi and pick up Righteous and Samara's new passports. When you get a babies passport it lasts up to 5 years so for some time when I present them to people it appears that I have triplets. We went ahead and ordered the extra pages for the passports- which is free. So now they both have 50 pages instead of the normal 25. At the American embassy there is always a long line of people waiting to get into the building. They all have different reasons for wanting to get their visa and go. America seems to give people hope but also paints an unrealistic picture, thinking that money really does grow on trees. In every country there are great qualities as well as problems. Too often we want what we see others have and are not content with what we have been given. I do not want to live life that way. I am a stay at home mom. I don't want to be wondering of all the things I could be doing if I did not have children. I live in Kenya. I don't want to be missing all the wonderful activities and variety of stuff that America has to offer because that is not attainable for me. I have peace from God that this is my home, that He has called me to. I find security in Him when there are hardships.
 |
| Righteous as a baby next to Samara |
 |
| Righteous on the balance beam that Jas made. |
My girls are getting bigger each day. They are beginning to recognize the difference between true stories that are in the Bible compared to when they watch Tinkerbell or Dora on TV. I never realized that this would be such a challenge for them. When we finished reading about Balaam's donkey talking to him, I told Righteous that this really happened. She said "Yeah right mom." I had to tell her to ask Daddy and the Bethany students to convince her.
 |
| Nevaeh on the balance beam |
Nevaeh has a lot of rythym. She always wants us to watch her dance and is always ready to sing a song to someone. There are times when no one is around and I still see her dancing to her reflection in a window.
 |
| Charis with arms up "finish" |
Charis continues to be naughty- but at the same time is so adorable. I few days ago we were all sitting on the table and Charis asked me, "Mommy, you married Daddy- not me?" Before I could answer Nevaeh said, "Oh Mary is the one who wears the scarf over her head (referring to Jesus' mother). I was not able to respond to her comment because Righteous then said, "No Mary had a little lamb." Honestly, often times my day feels like that, going from one subject to another without any relation. This is my life right now and it is full of questions, coloring, learning, and growing.
 |
| Samara watching it all. |
1 comment:
So enjoyed catching up on your blog entries. Praying for you regularly!
Post a Comment