Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Saying Goodbye


The Camp/Squad
    Honestly I may not come across to many as a sentimental guy or an emotionally attached type of person but I am saying goodbye has to be one of my least favorite things to do.  We have just finished with our fourth group of interns coming through East Africa. Four groups did that really happen it feels so surreal almost 5 years of training and being on the field already and we still feel so inadequate.  (Praise the Lord for that) I feel the same way about the last few weeks each time we reach to this stage. I do not want to do it again. I do not want to start over. I do not want to give more of myself away to these people that I know one day will go and take some of me with them. This may seem dramatic sounding but I am generally not a dramatic person so take it for what you like. But spending 16 months with people discipling and loving them is no joke. The truth is its hard and emotional but so rewarding to play the small role God allows us to play in training and investing in the future of Christianity and World Missions.  And the truth is I really still love each one of them just as much as I did when they were here with us.(All 31 of them that have passed through) I still care about each one of them and what is going on in their lives, who they marry, where they work, what agency they go with, what ministries they work in, whatever God calls them to.

Our girls with some extra honorary Kenya girls
    You would think that with time these goodbyes would get easier or that maybe we would get used to it but I actually think they get harder or maybe we get worse? I rest in knowing that I am doing what God wants me to do. Easy or hard, fun or not, and good or bad I know we are supposed to keep investing,  to keep pouring, and to keep loving unconditionally because that is what He does!




Tim , Jay, Me, Jo, and Joshua

Holly, Abbie, Righteous, Carrie, Cheyanne, Nevaeh, Charis, Rebbecca, Rebekah, Samara, and Rebecca





























       Joshua, Jay, Tim, Abbie, Rebbecca, Carrie, Cheyanne, and Holly we love you all very much we are very proud of each one of you! We are so pleased with what God is doing in and through each one of you! Guys you have what it takes you are tough enough and girls you are beautiful and we see you but more importantly He sees you!  We wouldn't change a thing! (even Mwingi or TZ) He did and accomplished exactly what He wanted to do and accomplish in and through each one of you! Never forget that!






No comments: