We will board a plane for the States in a few hours and as I reflect on our last 2 weeks my heart is heavy and confused. At times in these last few weeks I have been flooded with a range on many different emotions.
On Feb 7th I was hosting a team of about 20 different Assemblies of God Pastors from all over the US together with some Assemblies of God Missionaries (for those of you wondering right now now we are not Assemblies of God missionaries but we only care about Jesus's name being carried forward so we work with many organizations people know Him). They had come to see and be exposed to the different tribes in our area for possible sending, funding, and prayer partnerships.They only came to town for one day so I picked them at the Air Strip we introduced ourselves and then we set out to a few different villages.
About and hour into our trip I started getting calls that there was some disturbance in town and people were running all over. So I called a few friends and got news that a friend who was a Believer from one of the unreached people groups we work with had been shoot and killed at around 12 pm. Two boys with pistols walked up to his vehicle and opened fire. He was also together with a pastor in our town who was injured but miraculously recovered. I was shocked this person had been saved for over 20 years he was discipled by a mentor of mine in the early 90's. Immediately in disbelief I began to make other calls to confirm and once I was sure I called Bekah because she was one of the wife's closest friends. Bekah then informed the wife he had been shot and the church sent people to communicate to her that he had in fact been killed. I managed to get all the AG pastors back to the plane and they safely departed for Nairobi.
This set into effect many events upon realizing there was no place for him to be buried his body was sent to Nairobi to bet buried there. We were able to attend the funeral and it was quite amazing to see so many Christians from different backgrounds and many mission organizations represented. It really blew me away to see how much he had accomplished in his life because of Christ. When he was alive he and I were friends but we did not always see eye to eye. Sometimes it was both of our faults sometimes just one or the other. God used him so much to teach me about the his people group through our disagreements God humbled me to show me the ugly person I can be. I am very grateful for the relationship I had with him and truly loved him as a brother.
At the memorial service the person bringing the message spoke many great things about his love for his people and the fact that he had truly loved his people and wanted to see come to know Jesus. He was the only one that would continually return and his hearts desire was to truly see them reached. He then spoke of how the blood of a martyr would continue to cry out to God ask for the things it desires. Like when Cain killed Able and God said your brothers blood cries out to me from the ground! His desire was to really see his people come to know Jesus so what an awesome thing to continually be cried out to our Lord!
He leaves behind a wife and three boys ages 10 -13. Please lift up their family in prayer! I do not know why one of them was killed and the other one was killed why God chose to save one and let the other come home to Him but He did. And I know that God's name has been glorified and His story carried forward and for that we can only be grateful.
In other news for us on Saturday night a very large bomb was being planted in our town but the person assembling the bomb made some mistakes and it detonated during assembly. He was killed instantly the bomb was very large the tremors were felt as far as 7 miles away. It was targeting a political rally for one of the presidential candidates here in Kenya. It would have killed hundreds maybe thousands of people if pulled off. So while we mourn the death of a lost soul we rejoice in the saving of many lost and found souls.
We are not sure what is going on but one thing we know. God is still in control He is still on the throne and his call on our lives has not changed. We are glad to be coming to the States for the next 6 months but we leave our hearts here with the people he has called us to and long to return and do His will here. We have written all of our monthly supporters and asked that you would continue supporting us during this time because we need to travel and raise more support during this time so we humbly ask for that to continue to do that. Also please remember us in prayer as we travel and attempt to raise more support and more awareness for these people we so love! Got a plane to catch see some of you real soon.
Blessings,
Jason
2 comments:
I have been praying for your support, and for your time in the States. My heart is full of compassion for you and for those you serve. God brings you to mind often, and I pray for you whenever He does.
Post a Comment