Well as usual our travel back to Kenya was interesting. We started out by being delayed in New York which caused us to miss our connecting flight in London. So British Airways rebooked us on the next available direct flight to Kenya. They booked us through a different airline Kenya Airways. Which didn't leave London until 8 pm that night and it was 11 am when we landed in London. So we had quite a bit of time to kill waiting on the flight.
BA was gave us meal vouchers for lunch and dinner so that was good but they wouldn't give us lounge access but I tried! We had to switch terminals for our flight on Kenya Airways the whole time wondering what are we gonna do to keep these kids busy for 8 hours? As we went through security and entered terminal 4 at Heathrow we exited the elevator and immediately to our left was a big play area for kids with slides and places to run and climb. It looked as good as a oasis in the desert the kids played all day and never whined or complained they did awesome. That play area was a life saver!
We did have a few complications when switching airlines they were concerned that Nevaeh's passport was expiring in Dec but once they saw she was born in Kenya and learned we were residents they were put at ease. The bigger complication was the bag situation we had checked 16 bags to bring back with BA. When Ba rebooked us on Kenya Airways the allowed baggage was only 2 per person and one for the infant. So they were informing us that we would have to pay 172 GBP (around 250 dollars) per bag so I kept trying to make them see that wasn't fair and we couldn't afford it and that it was BA's responsibility etc... All legitimate arguments that didn't make much progress I must have visited that desk 7 times to try and work this out. After the 6 time I was a little annoyed(me annoyed noooo) and getting stressed. I called our travel agent she advised us to at last resort ay for the bags and then she would go after BA for the money. I didn't really want to go that route but last resort. After the 6th time I realized I was letting this bug me way too much and I just needed to relax God always takes care of us why do I always doubt? So I prayed Father please work this out and give me joy and a good attitude no matter the outcome because You are good and You love us. Then I felt a sense of relief and I knew it was going to be ok.
So I went back down to the desk to visit the Kenya Airways rep and as I was walking us she was smiling very big and giving me the thumbs up so God worked it out as usual. I am no the type of person to over spiritualize life so please do not take this that way. But God looks out for us and there is no way I should ever doubt that He is going to show up because He always does. I love the continual teaching He is always doing in us and the refining process He is taking us through. So she entered the bag tags in 2 hours before our flight left I had accepted the fact that none of these were going to arrive with us but they would eventually all arrive. We arrived in Kenya zipped through immigration with the help of a very nice Kenyan Mama that saw all of our kids fast tracked us to the front of the line. Then we waited for bags it seemed we were right in our assumptions and I went over to report the missing bags to Kenya Airways. The woman at the desk told me that no bags were left and sure enough there came popping out on the belt one by one all 16 of them. We cleared customs with no problems or fees and there was Dan and Tim there to get us!
It feels so good to be one step closer to home we are so excited! It just feels good to be on Kenyan soil again. We can't wait to be back in our own home in a few days and get back to work with the things God has for us! Lord may we be faithful to all the things you call us too! Blessings!
Grace and Peace
 |
| Saying goodbye at JFK New York |
 |
| Playing with legos at JFK |
 |
| Walking in Heathro London |
 |
| Samara riding along in London |
 |
| At the playplace for the extra 8 hour layover in London |
 |
| all smiles |
 |
| On Kenya Airways plane to Nairobi |
Jason
3 comments:
Thank you so much for all the information and glimpses of God's faithful care and provision. I am praying for you all.
hey bro,
I am glad to hear you are arrived safe and I am surprised to see your pictures of what was happening to you while in the states. Hey glad you went through all these and God is with you always. Again thank you so much and say hi to all our family there. I miss everyone so much and am praying for you all.
I miss you guys already but I am glad you made it safely. That story about your bags is awesome and such an encouragement that God is in control even in the things that might seem small and simple like luggage. Love you guys!
Post a Comment