Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The God who sees me

I have felt so many different emotions these past two months. We have traveled from the semi-dessert (our home) to the city of Nairobi, then back home, than to the Oceans of Mombassa, then back to the city, now as I write, we are finally back home. During all this travel, we have gotten to hold a new baby born next door. We witnessed the beautiful wedding of a dear friend. We have shared many meals at the homes of our teammates in Nairobi.The children and I have seen a lot of the wildlife that Kenyan is known for. We have been able to stop what we are doing and admire the creation God has made, and be in Awe of who He is. Can I just expect good and not bad. 
These past 2 months have shown that we are not excused to experience pain, sadness, and hardships. While Jason was in the States grieving the loss of his brother, the Children and I attended the funeral of Dr.Kabachia. He was a man with a legacy in missions here in Kenya. The children battled with the stomach flu and Samara got extremely sick. She had a fever for 12 days and we got her numerous amount of blood tests and stoole tests. We still do not know what was wrong with her. She went on injections of antibiotics for five days, and after that she had not really improved. I felt scared, discouraged and did not what else to do. On the twelfth day her fever finally broke. The very next day she was back to her normal self. I cannot even begin to describe the relief.
 In my devotional I have been reading that there is a name for God, for everything we feel and go through. As I looked upon these past two months a peace comes to my heart on how true that is.

He is the Author of Life
He is my Comforter
He is the Healer
He is the Prince of Peace
He is my Friend
He is my Strength
He is my Refuge
He is my Father
He is my Helper
He is my Savior
He is my Redeemer


He is El Roi.... ... The God who Sees





Here are pics from these past 2 months:

We went out for Ethiopian food

Samara was the last one eating.

Our neighbors son.

At the Indian Ocean for Christmas

Righteous is looking out at the football stadium the Kelly family made in the sand.

Celebrating Dr. Kabachia's life.

At Dr. Kibachia's funeral.

We went to learn how Kazuri jewelry was made.


Each child got to pick out beads to make their own necklace.


2 comments:

Bethany said...

I miss you guys! Come on skype! This was a fun blog! I love your kids' names! In one of the pictures, from a distance, I thought it was Moose, but it was Righteous!

Renee Stocks said...

Thank you for the photos and the honesty. I pray and pray for you all. XO