Friday, May 23, 2014

Hang in there Joan!

Samara butting in on Charis's part
When I was growing up with my 4 younger brothers and sister I was quite bossy. When I was put in charge to babysit them I arranged a list of activities. We put on plays- with a written script we made haunted houses-anytime of year, played church and did communion, played school and I made their assignments, and lots more. Now that I am a mom this has just continued. I know my siblings probably give my daughters a lot of sympathy. For Samara's birthday I had them practice and video taped them singing songs from the movie Frozen. Lights. Camera. Action. CUT! My children were not  meeting my criteria for this professional film. We did a few tries but eventually we (I) had to give it up. They had fun dressing up, getting the props, and doing the "takes". I had the dream to show everybody what we had accomplished but for now it was just a nice little memory that we will share.

Charis singing as Anna

"I've started talking to the pictures on the wall, Hang in their Joan!

My lovely friend reading one of our books to her class
 We have been so blessed through out the years receiving a wide variety of children's books that people have donate. Between that and our school books we have a nice collection. I think books are such an important part of the learning process. The pictures "give life" to the words you hear. With all that we have been given I desire that we can also share the gifts we have. This past week we were able to share are books with two different schools. We found out the theme the students were studying was farm animals and look through our bookshelves finding any that had to do with that. We had two that you could push the buttons and hear the animals sounds. The children were so quiet as they listened and fully engaged. MY girls absolutely love attending the school in these pictures. They would want to go more often than we do. The teachers have such a care and passion for what they do. It warms my heart to see my girls laughing and playing with the children. They have done so much more than they know by bringing friendship to our family I am glad we have a small thing to offer them, the gift of a book.
Charis holding hands with her friend

This book makes the different noises of animals

Circling up for a song

2 comments:

Bethany said...

You?? Bossy?? NOOOOO!!!! :-) I love you and miss you!

Renee Stocks said...

It is so awesome that you play with your children, and SOMEBODY has to be the boss! ;)