Sunday, February 22, 2015

God, Family, Friends.

A Sunday afternoon having a game of catch- or more like recover the ball from the ground.
Eric playing cards with the older 3 girls.
 It has been a few weeks, living life with its comings and going in Kenya. Days can run into one another and I can go through the normal motions of my set routine and forget about how truly blessed I am. So today I stop and think about it. Oh how incredibly wealthy I am. Not in money but in all that the Lord has given me throughout these years. What a gift to know God, to be assured He is watching me and my children, that I am not living for nothing- but living for Him. As I live among the people in my town I feel so blessed to have the guarantee of what happens to me when I die, for they are not sure but can only try to live a life where they will be good enough to be received in paradise. As the days are hot, and sweat is pouring out everywhere on my body, I can still say what a privilege to be in this place. The Lord provided the funds and support for us to to come here. The Lord has richly giving me a hard working husband, and four princess daughters and many beautiful friendships. I am so thankful for the friendships in the States, there is a loyalty there that surpasses the ocean that separates us. I also praise God for the many friendships that I have here. I could go on for hours, days, weeks, months and years of stories of the joyous moments with my Kenyan, Arab, and Somali friends. There sometimes are no pictures to show but I have the memories in my heart.  Thank you Father of the Heavenly Lights who has given me so many good and perfect gifts!


Baby Nathan and Baby David's first visit.

Mama David.

My friend Vicky came over to show me how to make a coconut dessert. This is the contraption that gets the coconut shavings out of the shell.

Nevaeh is showing how you sit on it.

Coconut shavings

First you heat up sugar until it liquidizes on low heat.

Add the coconut to the liquid sugar.

Mi it all up and then add food coloring- we used orange- which is the normal color that is used here.



There are very few times when the ball is actually caught.



3 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

Thank you for the photos & reflections. Praying for you all. XO

Renee Stocks said...

Thank you for the photos & reflections. Praying for you all. XO

Bethany said...

Your girls are the best dressed baseball players ever and with the best hair!