We are in our seventh year of being in Kenya. As I think of the town I live in, there are many things that grieve my heart. Some having to do with the culture of the people, other things having to do with the religion that they follow. There is a whole lot of corruption, vast poverty, illiteracy, and infection/miscarriages/and a tremendous amount of pain as the direct result of FGM (Female Genital Circumcision). I cry out Lord Be Near! What can I do to bring these things to an end? Can I make any difference at all? As I have written time and again, I know I need to just be faithful in the things the Lord has put before me. First in my home to my daughters and my husband. It brings me great joy to teach my daughters Science, History, Math, how to read and write. But most of all I love praying with them and learning from the Bible with them.
We have such a wonderful opportunity to share Biblical art projects to some local schools. Last week, with Allison's help, we were able to do the story of Joseph. I felt the Lord's urging to emphasize on how God can speak to us in dreams. God spoke to the Joseph in a dream, in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Joseph was Jacob's favorite son, which caused jealousy from his 11 other brothers. Then he had two dreams, and when he told them to his brothers they hated him even more and wanted to kill him. When I was teaching this to the students, my hope was that they would be ready to have the Lord speak to them in dreams. Others will not always be supportive of dreams that God gives. Especially if it something other than what the people have been told from the moment they are born. But if the dream is from God, it will come to past. I know that to be true. God might now give them dreams now. It could be many years from now. But if He chooses to speak to them through a dream, let them not just cast it aside as nothing. Let them recognize YOU oh Lord!
"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophecy,
your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophecy.
I will show wonders in heaven above
and signs on earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and
glorious day of the Lord.
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved"
Acts 2:17-21
![]() |
| We always like to sing. |
![]() |
| The students were paying attention. |
![]() |
| Charis and Samara eat chips together while I am at the front of the classroom. |
![]() |
| Jason getting food for the cows. |
![]() |
| Charis' game is umping over the crops. |
![]() |
| Righteous and Nevaeh trying to pull out one of metal bars for the vines to climb up. |








4 comments:
I think so often of your ministry of crafts & storytelling. I am praying with you. XO
I think so often of your ministry of crafts & storytelling. I am praying with you. XO
I think so often of your ministry of crafts & storytelling. I am praying with you. XO
Post a Comment