Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mini-missionaries











One of the things I have been most struck with here is the mini-missionaries: Righteous, Nevaeh, Charis, and Samara.  I can only hope to one day train up children in the Lord as these girls are. The Lord has taken hold of their lives and the Holy Spirit is at work inside of them. Righteous is very concerned about everyone at the clinic. She gets one of the Kenyan missionaries to translate and asks what is wrong with many of the patients that enter the clinic then prays for them when she remembers them. Nevaeh is very caring and quick to do what is asked of her and always ready to help. The girls pray for the people here to know Jesus. All of them understand why they are living here and that the people around them need Jesus. Charis is kind and caring. The day when we all got henna done, Charis asked for a butterfly and received something that did not look like a butterfly. However, when I said something about it later, her response was that even if she didn’t like it she needed to be thankful.  She turned five in May. I know many grown men and women that would never have responded that way, and I’m sorry to say I would not have thought to say that either. We all have so much we could learn from these little missionaries. Samara is always ready to sing or dance on command and brings joy to all around her. It is wonderful to see them playing with the kids in the village or rolling around on someone’s bed in a hut. This is their comfort zone. This is their life and they serve so well here. God has placed each one of the Witts here for a reason. Please pray for a growing love for the people in each of them as well as the Kenyan missionaries here.
Blair       

No comments: