Monday, July 20, 2015

Update from Vicki

Sunday afternoon we looking for giraffe's.  

We found some!

So neat.


While Keri and I were talking at school, I felt some little toes touching my toes. 

Ladies group after yarn was passed out. 

Blair and I shopping. 
Ladies were quick to put the yarn to use. 



This mission trip has been eye opening in many ways. To be here and to experience a different culture has been incredible. Bekah has packed our (the girls) schedule to make sure that we have been able to experience as many things as possible in our short time here. We have been invited into homes for meals. Gone to school and worked in the clinic. Yet the biggest thing that stands out to me to see Bekah’s love for the people here. She is not “better or above” anyone, like some of the different people groups nearby behave. It is a truly genuine love and concern that can only be given to her by the Lord. This love shows through her, not only with just her Christian friends and her children; it shows with her Muslim friends and any other person that she comes into contact with. (To be clear, I am not saying that Jason doesn’t show love to the people.   Most of our activities have been separate from the guys; I have only witnessed Bekah’s interactions. J)
Today we took yarn that we collected at Tucker Swamp and handed it out to a Ladies Group. They make items to in sell and help support their families. Many of the women started crocheting with it immediately! Today, I also had a conversation with a teacher who told us that we never know of our impact from our time here.  It might just be that the kids will just remember that we were nice to them and played games. So maybe later in their lives they won’t believe the lies that they may be told about Christians. I really don’t need to know what the impacts of our time here will be; I am content to leave it all in the Lord’s hands.
We would appreciate your prayers for our upcoming sports day at the school tomorrow. The kids have been practicing so that the whole group can see how to do the games. They are ready! Their parents have been invited to attend and help cheer them on.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be here!

Vicki
We girls went to a nearby hotel for smoothies and then explored the grounds. 

2 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

May the Lord bless your willing heart.

Renee Stocks said...

May the Lord bless your willing heart.