Thursday, August 31, 2017

Brother Tim

The day he arrived. 
 My brother is Here! My brother Tim has come to visit us for 2 months. We normally go several years without seeing our family members from America so this is such a treat. When I got married I dropped my original middle name (which was Ann) and put my maiden name (Mena) in its place. It is been fun to see the similar "Mena" traits we have, including we both have to wear socks to sleep even in 100 degree weather. We both sweat a lot, more than other people. We look at each other and notice we are sweating when we are just sitting talking. Than other times I notice he has a character trait like my Dad. Than I see him do somethingthat reminds me of our Mom. It brings back memories of growing up and reminds me of where I came from. I definitely miss my family and loved ones I have left behind in America. It is part of counting the cost to following Jesus and going where He says go.

 My recent devotional was all about the family of Jesus. When Jesus remarked,
"Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?"
He pointed to his disciples.
"Look!" He said, "these are my mother and brothers."
Then he added, "Anyone who obeys my Father in heaven is my brother, sister, and mother!" Matthew 12:48-50
As I am soaking up each moment I have with Tim, I also realize that God has provided a family here in Kenya. I have brothers and sisters who share the same heart for the people who we live amongst. We can laugh together, share meals, learn more about Jesus, and work side by side. I am not lacking at all and that is such a huge blessing.
Tim helped me with crafts for the patients at the clinic. 



Tim playing soccer in the hallway.


Tossing the baseball around outside.



Righteous put on a puppet show as part of her school assignment. 


Uncle Tim watching.

No comments: