Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Life is short.

The shoes of those attending the birthday party last night.
 For me, birthdays are a big big deal. I try to go all out with decorations, which sometimes I have to plan out weeks in advance because I draw them by hand.  I also like to make (or ask Jason to make) the favorite meal and bake the favorite dessert. At times we have done birthday themes such as "Lord of the Rings" (we all dressed up as the different characters) and another time we have done a clue hunt. We have built a water slide in the backyard and we have put on a outside "dinner and a show". In all honesty there is not much to do here so any excuse for a party is a great way to celebrate and bring people together.

Also tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. If I look up any news either on the Internet or turn it on the television there are constant reminders that so many people no longer will wake up to find tomorrow. There is so much pain and loss in life. Each day is a gift from God. I want to value what I do with my family and those around me. Last night we celebrated the birthday for one of our family members from the far East. We combined the cooking of our two nations. They taught all of us this game where you had to try to write the numbers 1 -100 while someone is rolling a dice and if a number 6 is rolled you lose. That seriously is the whole game. There was a tremendous amount of noise from this game. Both Laughter and screaming. Sweat was dripping off the participants. It was quite the competition. It still amazes me that we are serving the Lord from all different places and backgrounds. We have the same goal in life to Love God and make His name known. There are many that still do not know Jesus and the great sacrifice He gave for them. How desperately I want my neighbors to know before they take their last breath. None of us can predict when that final day will be. So I give thanks to God for today, for health, for the cross, for the people I love dearly, for His amazing Grace. I want to give Him my all today because  Life is just a vapor.

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.  What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" James 4:13-14

We all signed words of encouragement and love for the birthday. 




1 comment:

Renee Stocks said...

Your zest to live well for the Lord is contagious. Your wise words encourage me to focus on today. Thank you. XO