I am thankful to be grafted in as one of Abraham's descendants and able to receive God's promise.
I am thankful for my family, Jason, Righteous, Nevaeh, Charis, and Samara. And all our siblings. My Mom and my Mother in law. My Dad and my step Mom. Our Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, nieces and nephews. We have such a huge family and countless memories of being together.
I am thankful for my family that I have because of belonging to the body of Christ. We have been living in grown, Kenya for nearly 10 years now. The majority of the people living here are a different religion than my own. But there is a remnant of believers and their faith is strong in the Lord. I am encouraged by them and know I am not here alone.
I am thankful for for my home-it's safety and refuge.
I am thankful for food that is always available.
I am thankful for the opportunity to teach and train my daughter's.
I am thankful for the freedom to worship God without fear.
And then their are things I am thankful for that are very personal to me like electricity, running water, western toilets, Irene (my househelp), chocolate, being able to bake desserts, and books that you never want to put down once you start reading. Mosquito zappers, the high function on a fan, de-tangler spray, and coffee. Interns and Chinese relatives who make delicious Chinese food. Date nights.
My list could go on and on.
Because there is so much to be thankful for.
![]() |
| Taking a walk to buy fruits. |
![]() |
| Making decorations for Thanksgiving. |








No comments:
Post a Comment