 |
Erick, Isaac, Kendra, and Sianna on Easter Sunday.
|
There have been some financial difficulties at Bethany in Minnesota and this required that big changes be made. Bethany Global University is switching to an online training school instead of in person training. This will allow the campus to be sold so that debts can get payed off. The last day of in person classes with Professors and Staff is May 3rd. We are effected by this in 2 ways. Jason and I met each other at BCOM (Bethany College of Missions) in 2001. We were discipled by amazing Professors and gleaned from Missionary stories. We both fell more in love with Jesus and the Bible on that campus. We have always looked forward to going back to that campus on our Home Assignments because it's filled with people we look up to and contains unforgetable memories for us. We are grieving that we won't get to go there anymore. Righteous was tremendously looking forward to enrolling in September 2025. We are thankful she has time to pray and find out where God wants her, but she was devastated by the news to say the least.
Another way that we were effected was that we had 4 Bethany interns that were supposed to be in Kenya until October. The University decided it would be best to have all the overseas interns return to campus while there is staff and reunite with their class and have some debriefing before everything switches over to online on May 3rd. This means our time with the interns was cut short. We recently dropped them all off at the airport and they will surely be missed. Before they left, we had some time to process with them. We had them look back on the months they were here and remember the people they were able to meet and mention those people by name. We also discussed highlights and low lights, aspects of the culture that they admired, and how to sum up their time in a sentence. Jason and I were able to meet with each of them to have exit interviews and then we all went out to a Brazilian steakhouse for their final supper.
I want to give my daughters an opportunity to write about how much the interns meant to them. Please scroll below to read what's on their hearts.
 |
Memories are listed for each month the interns were in Kenya.
|
 |
| People who impacted the interns during their time in Gtown. |
 |
| They did a drama at the farm on Christmas Day. |
(Righteous)
Goodbyes are never easy. I think about our Friday's getting to come together ever week and catch up, laugh, worship, and reading the Word. I think about the celebrations, birthdays Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving and how we became a family; to celebrate what God has given us and another year to serve and praise Him. I think about the times we served in the commmunity together trying our best to be Jesus' feet and hands, and after serving we would always talk about ways we could improve or what was done well. I think about the times we came together for a meal, played games talked and prayed for each other. I think about how all of this has come to an end how I wished it was longer. however what comforts my heart in this time of grief of having all these changes is the Lord is walking with each of us through this. He knew this would happen and I know He has a much greater plan! |
| Interns helping pack up and give out a food distribution to 250 households living in an IDP camp. (Internally Displaced People) |
 |
The interns volunteered at 3 local schools. |
By Nevaeh:) As these interns went to local schools I was given the opportunity to tag a long one day of the week. It gave me a chance to observe how the interns interacted in the community, how they showed love to the little kids who can be a lot at times. They led PE, sang songs, ( I even got some of them to do the macarena with me) and drew lots of charts. The kids at all the schools who got a chance to know them won't forget them, the teachers who made friendships with them will feel the loss. As for me who grew to see them as family... I'm really going to miss them.
 |
(By Charis) If you know Sianna you will know that she is really talented at art. I got to experience an art class because of Sianna, we did not get to finish our painting,but from what I have of it I will remember our time together,and for that I am thankful.
|
 |
| By samara: |
Hey guuys i'am back.These two guys Iassc and Erick are amazing I miss them a whole lot they made me laugh on the days when I really didn't want to be here and most of all they were my brothers Erick is amazing at playing cahone and I loved all of our strange talks I had with Iassc, or should I say Sharpay, that was my nick name for him. He was always ready to play agame with me even though I beat him every time JK JK even though they are gone I will always rember them no matter what.💕
3 comments:
❤️❤️😭
Your daughter's will always be my little sisters
This was a hard one for me. Kendra and Sianna were just special!
My hearts aches for all those impacted by the necessary changes at BGU. I especially feel it for Righteous. I will pray for comfort & direction for all those impacted.
Post a Comment